Online Retention and Disposal Application (ORDA)
The State Records Office WA (SROWA) was the lead agency in this project developing the Online Retention and Disposal Application (ORDA) in consultation with ADRI members. ORDA is a dedicated system that facilitates the development and management of records disposal authorities.
The SROWA completed development in February 2012 and ORDA became fully operational in July 2012 and went live for WA government agency use in September 2012
SROWA have allowed ADRI members to use ORDA and the Public Record Office Victoria and the Tasmanian Archive and Heritage Office are now deploying ORDA within their jurisdictions. The SROWA remains committed to sharing the source code with ADRI members who wish to adopt ORDA within their jurisdiction at no charge. The intellectual property for the system will reside with the SROWA but ADRI members may customise the software for their own purposes.
In summary, ORDA:
- Provides government agencies with the ability to draft their disposal authority via the system's template, or to import it if developed using desktop or 3rd party software;
- Provides the ability to review the disposal authority via the system and tag comments against specific parts of it;
- Manages workflow processes from initial registration to finalisation/approval of disposal authorities, and captures each version of the disposal authority as it progresses through the workflow;
- Exports disposal authorities in different formats to serve approval processes (e.g. Word version) as well as recordkeeping system integration (e.g. XML version);
- Provides reporting capabilities for administrative purposes as well as allowing the harvesting of disposal authority data for different business activities within the SROWA.
As ORDA provides a central database of government records retention and disposal decisions, the application provides capability to search for existing precedents (once the system becomes populated with disposal authorities), which supports the consistency of decision-making when individual disposal authorities are being drafted.
For any further enquiries about ORDA, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org