ADRI has the following objectives:
- That each government (including local) in Australia and New Zealand has a governance regime for the digital environment which is supported by sound strategies for making, keeping and using digital records.
- That the digital evidence of government business in Australia and New Zealand is captured, preserved and accessible for the benefit of current and future generations.
- That, in a digital environment, government agencies can meet their legal and functional responsibilities effectively and economically.
ADRI will achieve these through:
- Professional leadership, development and advocacy in digital recordkeeping provided by ADRI members.
- A commitment to agreed principles for digital recordkeeping.
- Encouraging vendors to provide implementations of standards developed by ADRI.
- Advocacy for appropriate digital recordkeeping to support government in all jurisdictions.
- Strategic use of limited collective resources and sharing information between members in an efficient and timely manner.